In an effort to protect our customers, our staff and our company, we have found it necessary to have a clear, non-solicitation policy. By way of requesting Counterparts services, client agrees to the following:
For a period of two (2) years after your most recent request, Client shall not, directly or indirectly, on its own or in conjunction with any other person, (i) solicit, contact, call upon or communicate with, any customer of Counterparts for the purpose of selling similar products or services to said customer, (ii) hire, recruit, solicit or encourage any employee or independent contractor of Counterparts to leave the employ of Counterparts or to accept employment elsewhere, or (iii) solicit, contact, call upon, or communicate with any vendors or suppliers used by Counterparts for the purpose of inducing said vendors or suppliers to cease doing business with Counterparts in whole or in part, or attempt any of the foregoing. This provision shall survive the performance and termination of any agreement. Failure to comply shall subject the Client to penalties of three times (3x) inception to date billings or $2,500 (whichever amount is greater) and all applicable attorney fees necessary to enforce this non-solicitation agreement.
Counterparts, LLC, a Nebraska limited liability company located in Omaha, Nebraska, that provides Concierge and Personal Assistant services to companies and individuals throughout the United States and agrees to the following:
- Counterparts agrees that personal information that has been provided from a client will be kept in the strictest confidence and will not be used for any purpose except for which in information was provided.
- Counterparts further agrees to exercise all reasonably prudent measures to prevent unauthorized access to confidential information.
WHERE WE COLLECT INFORMATION
This section provides an overview of the kinds of personal information we ask for and how we use it. Details of these practices can be found following the overview:
- Ordering products and services - You can request products or services by phone, fax, email, text, in person or via the online request form. In some cases, you also have the option of requesting and paying for the service entirely online. We ask for personal information that identifies who you are, such as your name, email address, cell phone and shipping address, as well as financial information, such as your credit card number and the card's expiration date.
- Participating in surveys - Occasionally, we may give you the opportunity to participate in a survey online or by email to help us adapt our services to the expressed needs of customers. If you decide to accept, we may ask for demographic information, such as your age and zip code, but typically we will ask for no personal information, such as your name and email address.
- Participating in promotions - Occasionally, we may announce a special promotion or offer. These promotions may be announced via our web site, facebook, twitter, blog or by email. If you choose to participate, we may ask for certain information that identifies who you are, such as your name and address, so that we can follow through on the promotion.
- Sending gifts to others - When you use Counterparts Concierge Service to send a gift to someone else, we ask you to give us the necessary personal information of the recipient so that we can fulfill your request.
- Sending us email - When you contact us by email, we automatically receive your email address, as well as any contact information that is included in the signature at the bottom of the email.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
All the information we collect in connection with products and services requested through by Counterparts Concierge Service, is owned by Counterparts, LLC. We capture and store information in the following ways:
- Session IDs/Log Files - Like most websites, we automatically gather certain types of information and store it in log files each time you visit myCounterparts.com. The system retains the information only for the duration of the session, and your individual identity remains anonymous unless you place an order. Session information includes Internet protocol (IP) addresses, the type of Web browser you use, your Internet service provider, your computer's operating system, a date/time stamp for your visit, and clickstream data (indicating the Web pages you navigate to). We use this information to analyze trends, administer the site, track users' movements around the site, and gather aggregated information about our user base as a whole.
- Third Party Advertisers - We may use third-party advertising companies to deliver specific advertisements to you, which appear on pages throughout our websites. These companies collect non-personal information about your visits to our websites and other websites in order to provide advertisements about products and services that may be of interest to you. These companies may also aggregate your non-personal information for use in targeted advertising, marketing research, and other similar purposes. These companies may place their own cookies on your computer. If you want to prevent a third-party advertiser from collecting and using this information, you may visit each third party advertiser's website directly and opt-out.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
Counterparts uses general, aggregated information provided by our customers to enable us to create a network of product and service providers to arrange special benefits, upgrades, discounts, and preferred status for Counterparts users.
In most cases, customers who are interested in a product or service call, fax, email, text, or complete the online request form. For some products or services, however, you can request and pay for the service entirely online. During the request process, we may ask you to provide your name, address, email, phone number, and/or other personal information that identifies who you are. We use this information to communicate in the following ways.
- Customer service - As needed, we communicate with you to reply to your questions and provide the services you ask for.
- Special offers and updates - Occasionally, we communicate information on products, services, special offers, and promotions. Out of respect for your privacy, we give you the option not to receive these types of communications. (Please see the section below entitled, "Opting out.")
- Service-related announcements - On rare occasions, we may send you an email announcement related to our services, but only when it is necessary to do so-for example, if access to myCounterparts.com is temporarily closed for maintenance.
- Because service-related communications are not promotional, you will not be able to opt out of receiving them.
WHEN WE SHARE INFORMATION
The following explains the types of information we share with others, and who these other parties are:
- Aggregated information - Aggregated information includes general data about such things as the number of people who visit our Web site, what sections they visit most, what zip codes they live in, and whether they're male or female. Unlike personal information, such as your name and email address, aggregated information does not allow us to identify individuals. We may share aggregated information about our customer base as a whole with existing or potential Counterparts, LLC clients, and our network of service providers, such as the spas, restaurants, ticket services, and other service providers we work with to arrange products, services, and special offers for Counterparts customers.
- Personal information - We do not share any personal information that identifies who you are with other companies and service providers, except for the following reasons:
- SERVICE PROVIDERS: We share personal information with outside service providers from when we arrange and bill for each product or service you request. Service providers include the spas, restaurants, ticket services, florists, transportation agencies, cell phone services, credit card processors, gift sources, and other service providers we work with to arrange products, services, and special offers for Counterparts customers.
- SURVEY ADMINISTRATORS: Occasionally, we share personal information with a company that is helping us conduct a survey. All third party service providers that help us conduct customer surveys are prohibited from using your personal information for any other purpose.
- EMAIL DISTRIBUTION VENDORS: For some communications, such as newsletters, we may use an outside email service to deliver the communication to Counterparts customers. The email service is prohibited from using your personal information for any other purpose.
- Opting In - We give you the opportunity to opt into having your information used for certain purposes. The opt-in option is available at the time we ask for this information. The opt-in option is available for:
- Receiving newsletters, reminders through Counterparts Reminder Service, and Counterparts announcement emails, other than service-related communications about Web site maintenance issues.
- Participating in surveys and promotions. If you initially choose not to opt in for any of these instances and later change your mind, you can contact us to revise your preference “opt In” to begin delivery of these communications.
Otherwise, we will not share the personal information you provide with third parties other than for the reasons stated above, unless we first notify you and receive your approval. Upon request, Counterparts, LLC will remove any customer (and his or her personal information) from our database, or allow any customer to "opt out" of further contact (while still allowing access to the Web site) or change/correct personal information that the customer states is erroneous. To obtain an information summary or request a change of information, contact us via email to info@myCounterparts.com.
- Legal Disclaimer - Counterparts, LLC reserves the right to disclose your personal information when it is required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process. Counterparts, LLC is not responsible for the content or the privacy policies of Web sites to which myCounterparts.com may link.
- How We Handle Public Online Forums - There are no bulletin boards, chat rooms, newsgroups, or message boards available to users of Counterparts services.
- How We Ensure Security - We follow the latest industry standards to protect any information you submit to us, both during transmission and after we receive it. In general, we strive to use every industry standard to protect your personal information. In particular, when you submit sensitive information, such as your credit card number, we encrypt that information using industry-standard secure socket layer technology (SSL). If you have any questions about the security of myCounterparts.com, we encourage you to call us at (402) 932-2220, or contact us online at info@myCounterparts.com.
- What Happens During A Business Transition? - If Counterparts, LLC should go through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or part of its assets, it is likely that your personal information will be transferred as part of the agreement. We may also share information about our customers in the aggregate during negotiations relating to a business transition, but your identity will remain anonymous.
1400 Douglas Street Mail Stop 0110
Omaha, NE 68179
Telephone: (402) 932-2220